NetWatch are excited to advertise our next internship placement due to commence in September 2024. This placement is open to university undergraduates looking to complete a yearlong placement prior to commencing their third year of studies. Having successfully run our internship scheme for the last eight years, this fantastic opportunity is perfect for those looking to gain experience in the intelligence sector and wanting to add invaluable work experience to their CV for future job prospects.
We have a supportive learning environment where you will be surrounded by OSINT experts to help you learn and develop during your internship. We often have previous interns re-joining the company part-time during their final year and full-time thereafter and have multiple former interns in senior positions within the company. We therefore hope that there will be numerous opportunities to forward your career with NetWatch from this starting point.
Role: Intelligence Analyst Internship
Location: based in Birmingham in close proximity to the city centre. Our address is: Alpha Tower, Suffolk Street, Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1TT
Length of Placement: 12 months
Working Hours: 35 flexi hours per week Mon-Fri with hybrid working opportunities
Start Date: Monday 2nd September 2024
End Date: Friday 29th August 2025
Number of Placements Available: 1-2
Salary: National Minimum Wage plus reasonable travel expenses reimbursed
Closing Date: Friday 1st December 2023
- Analysing and compiling intelligence into comprehensive written reports in a target driven environment.
- Utilising a variety of databases, public records and intelligence tools & techniques to obtain information on subjects and attribute social networking accounts to them.
- Researching social networking sites to build up a lifestyle analysis of individuals suspected of being involved in fraudulent claims.
- Online investigations to establish the movements and whereabouts of individuals so that surveillance can be utilised to best effect.
- Identifying and locating individuals who may have witnessed any road or personal injury accidents so that the client can obtain statements to assist when deciding upon liability and reserve.
- Investigations into online networks with the aim of establishing any links between parties which could suggest fraud.
- Utilising in-house NetWatch software to provide a range of bespoke services to clients in various industries.
- Ability to work on an independent project of your topic choice which will benefit the company and provide you with a take-away from your placement.
NetWatch Global is the largest and most successful open-source investigation company in the UK. We specialise in providing powerful and actionable intelligence which clients either rely on to make effective decisions or as evidence in court. NetWatch analysts assist in a range of areas from identifying new witnesses that the police are unaware of, to proving the true scale of a claimant’s injuries for insurance clients, or even cracking large counterfeiting networks for FMCG partners.
NetWatch Global are experts in online investigation and social media intelligence. Our in-house software development team have created a bespoke tool suite, which provides us with enhanced methods of locating hard-to-find online data. The tool suite is regularly updated and improved, meaning we are at the cutting edge of OSINT trends and developments.
We are part of The Surveillance Group – The largest and most successful covert surveillance and investigation company in the UK.
Excellent monthly bonus scheme, reasonable travel expenses reimbursed, flexi-time, hybrid working opportunities, 24 days leave plus bank holidays, buy and sell leave scheme, flexible bank holiday policy, in-house training, supportive environment, on-site gym, employee benefits and wellbeing programme, regular team social events, cycle to work scheme, casual dress.
Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at university, studying for a degree and looking for a year-long placement position.
- Analytical thinker – able to analyse information quickly and use it to provide robust advice.
- Written communicator – able to easily relay complex information in a written report.
- Curious – an inquisitive, open-minded type, who seeks out information from sources that may not always seem obvious.
- Self-motivated and driven – passionate about the work and eager to learn and progress.
- Organised – the ability to adapt, re-prioritise and multi-task with ease, and stay on track to hit monthly targets.
- Strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail
- Online awareness – an ongoing interest in current and emerging online trends, particularly in social networking.
- Team player – able to work well independently but also in a team to assist in maintaining a supportive environment.
- Shows great enthusiasm for their work and seeks to get involved with new projects and initiatives.
- Honesty and integrity – personal characteristics essential to anyone working in an investigation role at NetWatch.
Send your CV and cover letter to Helen Wakeman at email@example.com. In the subject heading of your email, please state ‘Application for Intelligence Analyst Internship’. Please be advised that we only consider applications that comprise of both documents, and CVs must include full details of education background and grades achieved.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 1st December 2023
- Successful applicants will be contacted for an initial telephone interview w/c 4th December
- After this stage, successful applicants will progress to a face-to-face interview w/c 11th December